from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A line of people that is formed for inspection or identification.
- n. Sports The members of a team chosen to start a game.
- n. Sports A list of such players.
- n. A group of people, organizations, or things enlisted or arrayed for a purpose: a candidate with an impressive lineup of endorsements.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a physical or photographic queue of people allegedly involved in a crime
- n. A line of people or vehicles, in which the individual at the front end is dealt with first, the one behind is dealt with next, and so on, and in which newcomers join at the end.
- n. Collectively, the members of a team.
- n. The batting order.
Sorry, no etymologies found.