American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A list or program of things to be done or considered: "They share with them an agenda beyond the immediate goal of democratization of the electoral process” ( Daniel Sneider).
- n. A plural of agendum.
- n. Plural form of agendum.
- n. A temporally organized plan for matters to be attended to.
- n. A list of matters to be taken up (as at a meeting).
- n. A notebook used to organize and maintain such plans or lists, an agenda book, an agenda planner.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a temporally organized plan for matters to be attended to.
- n. A list of matters to be discussed (as at a meeting).
- n. A motive or set of goals; . a secret motive; also called
- n. a temporally organized plan for matters to be attended to
- n. a list of matters to be taken up (as at a meeting)
- From Latin agenda, future passive participle (gerundive) of agō ("I do, act, make"). (Wiktionary)
- Latin, pl. of agendum, agendum; see agendum. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“ See the summary of the Obama - Biden energy policy - "implement an economywide capandtrade program to reduce greenhouse gas emissions 80 percent by 2050," available at change. gov / agenda / energy_and_environment _agenda and "Barack Obama and Joe Biden on the Environment," on the reduction of "80 percent below 1990 levels by 2050," available at”
“The republican party has proven over and over that there main agenda is to upend Obama at the expense of the American people.”
“This man's main agenda is to do what no one else, for fear of losing political ground, will do: help the forgotten citizens of th United Staes of America.”
“The republicans main agenda is to try and make the president fail, consequently our country and us.”
“Not only that, their main agenda is to prove that a Black man is not smart enough to be President of the United States.”
“Yet the faux patriotic viewers go along with propaganda inspired and funded by foreigners whose main agenda is to tear our country apart.”
“Their main agenda is political control of the region.”
“The blood of every person that dies because of the Bush/McCain agenda is would be on your hands.”
“The main agenda is to make Government less accountable to the people and more powerful - similar to socialist and totalitarian governments.”
“The Bloc's main agenda is the dissolution of Canada.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘agenda’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
broker a peace ac..., client state, deadlocked peace ..., embassy, freeze, goodwill ambassador, hinterland, interfere in dome..., intervene personally, maintain technica..., mediation, no business as usual and 670 more...
absolute majority, absolute monarchy, abstentionism, access to informa..., acquisition of arms, action brought be..., action for annulment, action to establi..., ad hoc committee, adjournment, adjournment motion, administration and 965 more...
US Congress/Senate + Westminster + European Parliament usage
Buzzwords of our time
Terms associated with the workings of the European Parliament
action for annulment, adjournment of de..., admissibility of ..., adoption of a text, agenda, allowances of MEPs, amendment, assent procedure, associated commit..., attendance register, blue card, breach of the Mem... and 241 more...
Positive words and vague promises. THE words and expressions to use when you want to win over the masses or just don't know what to say.
"CAPITAL" stands for the administrative capital...
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
accounts laid bef..., alternative amend..., amendment made by, bill, bills of major co..., budget blueprint, bulky document, Code of Conduct f..., committee recomme..., committee reports..., committee’s opinion, committee's propo... and 103 more...
The 100 most frequent constituents of EU collocations. People working for the EU are able to complete any of these words to a multiple-word expression with ease. Try it out if you are one! For a gr...
A list based on http://ec.europa.eu/translation/english/guidelines/document...
Looking for tweets for agenda.