from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A catalogue of people whose souls are to be be prayed for.
- n. A catalogue of names; a pedigree, a long respected series.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A catalogue of persons, for the rest of whose souls a certain number of prayers are to be said or counted off on the beads of a chaplet; hence, a catalogue in general.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A list of prayers; specifically, before the Reformation, the list of the persons and objects for which prayers were said, read out by the preacher before the sermon.
- n. Figuratively, any list or catalogue; a long series.
- n. A rosary.
- n. In bookbinding, a brass roll with the edge cut in dots or beads, used in gilding.
- n. Also called bead-row.
From bead + roll. (Wiktionary)