American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A form containing a set of questions, especially one addressed to a statistically significant number of subjects as a way of gathering information for a survey.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as questionary, 2.
- n. A form containing a list of questions; a means of gathering information for a survey
- v. to survey using questionnaires
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. same as questionary.
- n. A list of questions, usually on a printed form, to be answered by an individual. The forms often have blank spaces in which the answers can be written. Sets of such forms are distributed to groups and the answers used for various purposes, such as to obtain statistical information for social science, political, or marketing research, or to obtain information about a patient for the use of medical practitioners.
- n. a form containing a set of questions; submitted to people to gain statistical information
- From French questionnaire, from Late Latin quaestionarius, from quaestio (English question) + -arius, from quaerō ("I question") (English query). (Wiktionary)
- French, from questionner, to ask, from Old French, from question, legal inquiry; see question. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“After your marketing questionnaire is complete, it is important to follow up with the people who were involved.”
“Once the questionnaire is completed, you may be asked more specific questions about your child and about his or her stuttering.”
“Your response to the 2007 Survey of Business Owners and Self-Employed Persons (SBO) questionnaire is required by law.”
“And her Playboy interview/questionnaire is absolutely hilarious.”
“I received a questionnaire from the MWA yesterday, something I need to fill out for the publicist hired for the Edgar Awards.”
“I think the questionnaire is too slanted towards extemes.”
“Well, yes, but other than one answer on endorsements, the rest of the questionnaire is typed out.”
“The so-called "supplier diversity development questionnaire" is sent to all bidders for contracts with the London Development Agency.”
“The Political Compass questionnaire is one way to measure political thinking.”
“Today I filled out a ten-page “how are we doing” questionnaire from the V.A. I gave everything to do with cleanliness, courtesy and quality care an excellent, but then the questions began shifting, and suddenly it was all about me.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘questionnaire’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Abbe-Helmert crit..., a priori probability, alphabet, total correlation, three-dimensional..., theoretical frequ..., time reversal test, three-series theorem, theoretical variable, tetrachoric corre..., absolutely unbias..., absolute error and 4171 more...
Interesting, there is a traditional vocabulary of an Ukrainian, that differs from vocabulary of average American. It would be nice to explore it.
Very basic words for ESL students.
Words from the California State Spelling Bee in 2011, from which I got fourth place.
Words that I do not know or unsure for toefl
Catching a misspelling is both pleasurable (hooray learning!) and painful (every sentence you now realize you've ever marred with the offending word flashes to mind in one terrible instant).
WHAT WHO WHEN HOW WHY WHERE
Looking for tweets for questionnaire.