from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A form containing a set of questions, especially one addressed to a statistically significant number of subjects as a way of gathering information for a survey.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A form containing a list of questions; a means of gathering information for a survey
- v. to survey using questionnaires
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. same as questionary.
- n. A list of questions, usually on a printed form, to be answered by an individual. The forms often have blank spaces in which the answers can be written. Sets of such forms are distributed to groups and the answers used for various purposes, such as to obtain statistical information for social science, political, or marketing research, or to obtain information about a patient for the use of medical practitioners.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as questionary, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a form containing a set of questions; submitted to people to gain statistical information
After your marketing questionnaire is complete, it is important to follow up with the people who were involved.
Once the questionnaire is completed, you may be asked more specific questions about your child and about his or her stuttering.
Your response to the 2007 Survey of Business Owners and Self-Employed Persons (SBO) questionnaire is required by law.
And her Playboy interview/questionnaire is absolutely hilarious.
I received a questionnaire from the MWA yesterday, something I need to fill out for the publicist hired for the Edgar Awards.
I think the questionnaire is too slanted towards extemes.
Well, yes, but other than one answer on endorsements, the rest of the questionnaire is typed out.
The so-called "supplier diversity development questionnaire" is sent to all bidders for contracts with the London Development Agency.
The Political Compass questionnaire is one way to measure political thinking.
Today I filled out a ten-page “how are we doing” questionnaire from the V.A. I gave everything to do with cleanliness, courtesy and quality care an excellent, but then the questions began shifting, and suddenly it was all about me.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.