from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A county in the Republic of Ireland
- proper n. A town in the county of Cavan, Ireland.
- proper n. A surname derived from place names in England and Ireland, and from Old English clæg"clay" as an occupational name for a worker in clay.
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surnames (much less common than the female name).
- proper n. A female given name, often spelled Claire in the 20th century.
- n. A nun of the order of Saint Clare.
Medieval English vernacular form of Clara. (Wiktionary)