from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person whose wealth amounts to at least a million dollars, pounds, or the equivalent in other currency.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Somebody whose wealth is greater than one million units of the local currency
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One whose wealth is counted by millions of francs, dollars, or pounds; a very rich person; a person worth a million or more.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A man worth a million dollars, pounds, francs, etc.; an owner of a million or of millions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person whose material wealth is valued at more than a million dollars
French millionnaire, from million, million, from Old French milion; see million.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French millionnaire. (Wiktionary)