from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man who is a member of the clergy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An ordained (male) Christian minister, a male member of the clergy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An ordained minister; a man regularly authorized to preach the gospel, and administer its ordinances; in England usually restricted to a minister of the Established Church.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of the clergy; a man in holy orders; a man regularly authorized to preach the gospel and administer ordinances according to the rules of any particular denomination of Christians. In England the term is commonly restricted to ministers of the established church.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of the clergy and a spiritual leader of the Christian Church
Sorry, no etymologies found.