from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Ecclesiastical A person who is a candidate for ordination.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A candidate for ordination
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One about to be ordained.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One about to be ordained or to receive orders.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person being ordained
From Latin ōrdinandus, gerundive of ōrdināre, to set in place, appoint; see ordinate.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)