from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Lord; master.
- n. A clergyman; especially a settled minister or parson.
- n. A West Indian fish (Epinula magistralis), of the family Trichiuridae.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A name given to a pastor of the Reformed Church. The word is also applied locally in the United States, in colloquial speech, to any clergyman.
- n. A West Indian fish (Epinula magistralis), of the family Trichiuridæ. It is a long-bodied, voracious fish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name applied to a fish, the black escolar, Epinnula magistralis, in the West Indies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a clergyman; especially a settled minister or parson
Sorry, no etymologies found.