from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cocktail made of gin or vodka and dry vermouth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Martin (attributive); used in taxonomic names for organisms having English names of the form "Martin's ..."
- n. a cocktail made with gin or vodka and vermouth
- n. any cocktail served in a cocktail glass, often sweet or fruity and aimed at women.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cocktail made of gin (or vodka) with dry vermouth
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Named in a pseudo-Latin manner for any of several naturalists named Martin. (Wiktionary)
See Martini. (Wiktionary)