American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One who composes, conducts, or performs music, especially instrumental music.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who makes music a profession or otherwise devotes himself to it, whether as composer, performer, critic, theorist, or historian.
- n. A composer, conductor, or performer of music.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One skilled in the art or science of music; esp., a skilled singer, or performer on a musical instrument.
- n. artist who composes or conducts music as a profession
- n. someone who plays a musical instrument (as a profession)
- music + -ian (Wiktionary)
- Middle English musicien, from Old French, from Latin mūsica, music; see music. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“A name musician was what she needed — someone important, someone their momma and Aunt Tiny would pay attention to.”
“We batted back and forth what you call a musician who plays a euphonium--euphoniumist, euphoniumer, or my personal favorite--euphonist.”
“Yes, indeed; he's what they call a musician _di primo cartello_!" he exclaimed, with a sudden determination.”
“Charlie is truly what we call a musician's musician.”
“He was much debated and this young musician is still knocked on.”
“Given this, each of these vernaculars has its own ‘king’ or ‘queen’ as far as the level of talents possessed by said musician is concerned.”
“Song Clip: 'After You've Gone' From its opening bars, the music proves the disc isn't a vanity project or another role for the 52-year-old Mr. Laurie, who in the U.K. is known as a musician and comedian as well as a dramatic actor.”
“The movie The Lightning Thief, has excellent special effects (Hades in the fire and looking like an old rock musician is well done) and tells the story of Percy Jackson, half human, half Olympian God.”
“A 2005 study by David DeLambo of the Diocese of Cleveland says that the musicians are the highest-paid people on the parish payroll but their salary only barely matches the national average for all types of employment, even though a serious Church musician is a highly trained professional with a highly specialized and irreplaceable job.”
“A musician is anyone who sings or plays a musical instrument.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘musician’.
This is just a list, right, that I'm gonna, like, fill with words, that, like, are every word that I can, like, think of with, ahhmm, my brain.
different kind of artists.. any kind (general or specific types).
Words that evoke creativity
species, sex, age bracket, occupation, hobby .. etc.
Trimming the "Chained Bear's Favorites" list so I don't crash people's computers... like my own...
Very basic words for ESL students.
Hey kids! What do YOU want to be when you grow up?!
Reprint edition, Devon: Latimer Trend & Co., Ltd., 1969. Full original citation (you'd better grab a drink and sit down) is:
Looking for tweets for musician.