from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An expert in or teacher of rhetoric.
- n. An eloquent speaker or writer.
- n. A person given to verbal extravagance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An expert or student of rhetoric.
- n. An orator or eloquent public speaker.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One well versed in the rules and principles of rhetoric.
- n. A teacher of rhetoric.
- n. An orator; specifically, an artificial orator without genuine eloquence; a declaimer.
- adj. Suitable to a master of rhetoric.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A teacher of rhetoric or oratory; one who teaches the art of correct and effective speech or composition.
- n. One who is versed in the art and principles of rhetoric; especially, one who employs rhetorical aid in speech or written composition; in general, a public speaker, especially one who speaks for show; a declaimer.
- Belonging to or befitting a master of rhetoric.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who delivers a speech or oration
Sorry, no etymologies found.