from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state of being predisposed; tendency, inclination, or susceptibility.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of being predisposed or susceptible to something, especially to a disease or other health problem
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of predisposing, or the state of being predisposed; previous inclination, tendency, or propensity; predilection; -- applied to the mind.
- n. Previous fitness or adaptation to any change, impression, or purpose; susceptibility; -- applied to material things.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being previously disposed in a particular direction; previous tendency or inclination; mental or physical liability or susceptibility, as to a particular mode of thought or action.
- n. Specifically, in medicine, a condition of body in which a slight exciting cause may produce disease.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an inclination beforehand to interpret statements in a particular way
- n. susceptibility to a pathogen
- n. a disposition in advance to react in a particular way
Sorry, no etymologies found.