American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An expert in a technique, as:
- n. One whose occupation requires training in a specific technical process: an electronics technician; an automotive technician.
- n. One who is known for skill in an intellectual or artistic technique.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A technicist.
- n. A person who studies, professes or practices technology.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a person trained or skilled in the technical details of a particular art or science, especially one skilled at operating, maintaining, or repairing equipment, in contrast to the theory or informational content of a craft; -- formerly also called a technicist.
- n. someone whose occupation involves training in a specific technical process
- n. someone known for high skill in some intellectual or artistic technique
- technic + -ian (Wiktionary)
“The difference between a scientist and a technician is the ability to see things which differ from their expectations, and still understand them.”
“Senator Reid, an old fashioned political technician, is not very popular in Nevada.”
“A technician is someone who works to maintain existing systems using known facts.”
“(Soundbite of car engine) BRADY: A technician is revving up this 2009 Camry to test whether more ethanol will hurt the pollution control equipment.”
“It strikes me as odd that a Geek Squad technician is not allowed to contact a customer, when Best Buy and Geek Squad represent the service as if customer-technician relationships are common day.”
“And paper police are neck deep in Excel spreadsheets and bean-counting, what other types of police are there, other than the aforementioned ‘proper’ police? p.p.s. I know about the RTA/RTC argument, but a community street hygiene technician is still a bin-man in my house. on August 22, 2009 at 5: 45 pm dungbeetle”
“A technician is not s sub for a nurse and should not be introduce as one.”
“Iâ€ ™ m also vaguely aware that the technician is still talking to me â€ ¦ â€œWhat did you think, Mr Benson?”
“Brown has been an amputee since she was 10 due to bone cancer, and her prosthetics technician is designing an artificial leg for Albie.”
“Honda has a few less parts available, those parts can be more expensive, and not every automotive technician is a Honda expert.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘technician’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
species, sex, age bracket, occupation, hobby .. etc.
Very basic words for ESL students.
The vocabulary of conference interpreting. I commend this list to those who want to know more about the profession and to those who wish to organize their knowledge about the profession. To aspirin...
art; science; skill
Terminology from my world-building project that will need to be properly lexiconned and defined one day.
Looking for tweets for technician.