from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An expert in a technique, as:
- n. One whose occupation requires training in a specific technical process: an electronics technician; an automotive technician.
- n. One who is known for skill in an intellectual or artistic technique.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who studies, professes or practices technology.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a person trained or skilled in the technical details of a particular art or science, especially one skilled at operating, maintaining, or repairing equipment, in contrast to the theory or informational content of a craft; -- formerly also called a technicist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A technicist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone whose occupation involves training in a specific technical process
- n. someone known for high skill in some intellectual or artistic technique
technic + -ian (Wiktionary)