American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that makes lenses and eyeglasses.
- n. One that sells lenses, eyeglasses, and other optical instruments.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person skilled in the science of optics.
- n. One who makes or sells optical glasses and instruments.
- n. A person who makes or dispenses lenses, spectacles.
- n. A person who sells lenses, spectacles etc.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. rare One skilled in optics.
- n. One who deals in optical glasses and instruments.
- n. a worker who makes glasses for remedying defects of vision
“He was arrested on assault charges -- the optician, that is.”
“If you can see me reading this in a cover letter and saying "interesting" your optician is a miracle worker.”
“Keep in mind that some online eye stores may call your optician if there are any questions regarding your eye prescription.”
“No mathematical instrument maker was to be found in Glasgow, but Watt entered the service of a kind of jack-of-all-trades, who called himself an "optician" and sold and mended spectacles, repaired fiddles, tuned spinets, made fishing-rods and tackle, etc.”
“I was worried that the optician would stand on policy.”
“One's friendly, neighborhood optician occupies a special, trusted place in the pantheon of local commerce.”
“My last two pairs of lenses, both Varilux Comfort, one polarized, one clear, both in unbreakable polycarbonate, with non-reflective coatings, cost US$860 from a small private optician in New England.”
“We call this the healing wig," Ms. Rowe, an optician, plans to tell Ms. Gaudio.”
“What if it were possible, he thought, to make a pair of glasses which, instead of requiring an optician, could be 'tuned' by the wearer to correct his or her own vision?”
“JACQUELINE SALMONAn optician from Burnley, Lancashire, who pressed the party leaders on crime during the first TV debate I went along to the first debate because I wanted to speak to all the politicians about the problem of crime in northern towns.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘optician’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
People who make stuff.
tomorrow I am getting new glasses because my other ones were run over by a car
Looking for tweets for optician.