American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A physician who specializes in ophthalmology.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is versed in ophthalmology. Also ophthalmist.
- n. A medical doctor specializing in the eye: deficiencies of vision requiring correction, and diseases. Compare optometrist.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One skilled in ophthalmology; an oculist.
- n. a medical doctor specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the eye
- From ophthalmology; from Ancient Greek οφθαλμός (opthalmos, "eye") + -λογία (-logia, "the study of") (from λόγος (logos)). (Wiktionary)
“The kind and painstaking ophthalmologist is now consulting with the tall, grey-bearded, grave consultant.”
“As for Paul, DeMint said he is endorsing him because the ophthalmologist is a "true conservative who will stand up to the Washington establishment.”
“I just called the ophthalmologist here in Fairmont because I need to find out how much I owe them after Blue Cross pays their part of the claim.”
“This post got nearly everything right ... except the most important thing: "ophthalmologist”
“When my eye doctor retired recently — the same one who's been examining me since the Marter and Parsons era — and a friend suggested her ophthalmologist, the doctor and his staff started trying to convince me I needed new glasses as soon as I walked through the door.”
“Our vote to repeal is not merely symbolic," said one new Republican member, Nan Hayworth, an ophthalmologist.”
“Hayworth R-N.Y., an ophthalmologist who represents a district north of New York City.”
“The 60-year-old neuro-ophthalmologist, who works out of his house, says he was concerned that patients and visitors might hurt themselves and wanted to be "stress free" during the winter.”
“When I turned thirteen, my parents took me to an ophthalmologist.”
“He is an ophthalmologist, looks like an ophthalmologist, and trained at the Western Eye Hospital in London.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘ophthalmologist’.
Words with that sequence of letters
Hecko, words! I’m so happy I’ve found you. I want to keep you all and never want to lose you again. I hope you like it here.
Esoteric words for me
tomorrow I am getting new glasses because my other ones were run over by a car
Looking for tweets for ophthalmologist.