American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A specialist in technology.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One versed in technology; one who discourses or treats of arts or of the terms of arts.
- n. A scientist or engineer who specializes in a particular technology.
- n. A person who uses science or technology to solve practical problems.
- n. A technician.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One skilled in technology; one who treats of arts, or of the terms of arts.
- n. a person who uses scientific knowledge to solve practical problems
“The Lawrenceville resident, a medical technologist, is one of the latest of a growing number of military frauds ....”
“An Intel technologist is predicting the chip future ...”
“A new company founded by a longtime technologist is setting out to create a vast public database intended to be read by computers rather than people, paving the way for a more automated Internet in which machines will routinely share information.”
“By the end of “Follies of Science,” any modern technologist is bound to start wondering: Are our current predictions about the future any smarter than the endless parade of goofiness and gullibility that “Follies of Science” gleefully enumerates?”
“Ms. Shaw, though not known as a technologist, has been an important outside member of Intel's board in recent years, sometimes giving presentations at the company's annual meeting.”
“Walker recalls the technologist saying: "I wish you weren't wearing a shirt or bra, that way I could give you a better massage.”
“The technologist will be a member of the lab of Dr. John Greally.”
“This is the kind of technologist who rises to the top of a Crown Corporation.”
“Be a 'technologist' in that the person can facilitate and document serious technology discussions.”
“During candidate forums, the self-described "technologist" would scroll through his BlackBerry, pull information stored in old e-mails and use it to dazzle his audiences with his supposed grasp of details.”
‘technologist’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for technologist.