from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Inflammation of the mucous membranes of the stomach and intestine; often caused by an infection.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Inflammation of the lining membrane of the stomach and the intestines.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, inflammation of the stomach and intestines.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. inflammation of the stomach and intestines; can be caused by Salmonella enteritidis
Sorry, no etymologies found.