from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Muscular pain or tenderness, especially when diffuse and nonspecific.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Muscular pain or tenderness.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Pain in the muscles; muscular rheumatism or neuralgia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, a morbid state of a muscle, characterizeā by pain and tenderness. Its pathology is obscure. Also called myodynia and muscular rheumatism
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. pain in a muscle or group of muscles
From New Latin my- (“muscle”) + -algia (“pain”) (Wiktionary)