from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who is skilled in the planning and execution of military tactics.
- n. A clever maneuverer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person skilled in the planning and execution of tactics
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One versed in tactics; hence, a skillful maneuverer; an adroit manager.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is versed in tactics; an adroit manager in any kind of action; specifically, a skilful director of military or naval operations or forces.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who is skilled at planning tactics
Sorry, no etymologies found.