from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person, such as an advocate, who pleads.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who pleads; one who argues for or against; an advotate.
- n. One who draws up or forms pleas; the draughtsman of pleas or pleadings in the widest sense.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who pleads; one who presents pleas for or against a claim, allegation, etc.; technically, a lawyer who pleads a cause or argues in a court of justice (the original meaning of the term), or who drafts, prepares, or devises pleadings.
- n. The party whose pleading is under consideration
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a lawyer who pleads cases in court
Sorry, no etymologies found.