from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who inspires, agent noun of inspire
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, inspires.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which inspires.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a leader who stimulates and excites people to action
Sorry, no etymologies found.
For the sake of privacy, let's call the inspirer Mr. X.
But that Thorpe had no 'inspirer' of the 'Sonnets' in his mind when he addressed himself to 'Mr.W. H.' is finally proved by the circumstance that the only identifiable male 'inspirer' of the poems was the Earl of Southampton, to whom the initials 'W. H.' do not apply.
'begetter,' that of 'inspirer' is by no means the only one or the most common.
Benjamin Disraeli said that "Desperation is sometimes as powerful an inspirer as genius."
In fact, the journey through the endless neurons sprinkled through space with sappy music in the background is reminiscent of a key ingredient to perhaps the most successful science inspirer of my generation, Carl Sagan.
How would you describe your life in only 8 words? learner teacher wife mom grammy writer encourager inspirer
- Gueule-de-loup = Snapdragon (veut dire visages de loups) je voulais dire que ces fleurs aux noms négatifs devraient plutôt inspirer la suspicion et un peu de peur à Smokey mais lui, qui est très poétique, ne voit que l'aspect positif des fleurs: leur finesse, délicatesse et senteur, ce qui le fait rêver et non cauchemarder.
Two years later, Obama piled even more praise on Reagan as a consummate leader, communicator, and inspirer.
One of the definitions in the French dictionary is “inspirer du courage a.”
As early as September 2009, law-enforcement officials say, Mr. Pimentel told the Schenectady informant that he had tried to contact the radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, then a fugitive in Yemen and the key inspirer of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.