American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that provides or imparts life, interest, spirit, or vitality.
- n. One, such as an artist or technician, who designs, develops, or produces an animated cartoon.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which animates or gives life; one who enlivens or inspires.
- n. One who animates something; one who brings something to life or the appearance of life.
- n. One who creates an animation or cartoon; a cartoonist.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who, or that which, animates; an animater.
- n. someone who imparts energy and vitality and spirit to other people
- n. the technician who produces animated cartoons
“Reminds me of the Daffy cartoon where the animator is completely screwing with him.”
“The Oscar-winning animator is working on designs for a permanent bronze tribute to the pair.”
“Wait a minute--Algar we know as animator in the thirties, then director of True-Life Adventures.”
“Xeni's link to the Radiohead graffiti clip made me think instantly of Laith Bahrani, an animator from the UK who painstakingly created a homebrew Flash-animated clip to Readiohead's "Creep".”
“The good news is that the George Eastman House is bringing in animator Don Hertzfeldt.”
“Cesar Rodriguez do u understand animation...trust me when you are called the animator of our times by john lasseter ...its a big deal”
“In that case it is important to know if the animator was a character animator or an effects animator, and this CAN be tricky, as we simply do not know all animators.”
“But it needs a flash animator, or any kind of animator, who is fast, talented, and has a good sense of timing and visual comedy.”
“I explained to the artist that Federal labor regulations classify "animator" as a non-exempt category meaning that animators are required to be hourly employees who receive overtime after forty hours in a week:”
“Under Federal regs, "animator" in quotes is a non-exempt category.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘animator’.
Looking for tweets for animator.