from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that provides or imparts life, interest, spirit, or vitality.
- n. One, such as an artist or technician, who designs, develops, or produces an animated cartoon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who animates something; one who brings something to life or the appearance of life.
- n. One who creates an animation or cartoon; a cartoonist.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, animates; an animater.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which animates or gives life; one who enlivens or inspires.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who imparts energy and vitality and spirit to other people
- n. the technician who produces animated cartoons
Sorry, no etymologies found.