from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who practices necromancy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who practices necromancy; a sorcerer; a wizard.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who practises necromancy; a conjurer; a sorcerer; a wizard.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one who practices magic or sorcery
- n. one who practices divination by conjuring up the dead
Ancient Greek νεκρός (nekros, "dead") + -mancer. The first element is often re-interpreted in folk etymology as Latin niger ("black"), leading to variants like nigromancer and an association with "black" magic. (Wiktionary)