from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A performer of miracles or magic feats.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A performer of thaumaturgy; a magician.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A magician; a wonder worker.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A worker of miracles; a wonder-worker; one who deals in wonders or (alleged) supernatural works.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one who practices magic or sorcery
Greek thaumatourgos : thauma, thaumat-, wonder + ergon, work; see werg- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)