from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a scientist specializing in understanding and describing the nature of the universe.
- n. Someone who describes the world; a geographer or anthropologist.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who describes the world or universe, including the heavens and the earth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who investigates the problems of cosmography; one versed in cosmography.
- n. A geographer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a scientist knowledgeable about cosmography
From Ancient Greek κοσμογράφος (kosmographos) + -er, corresponding to cosmo- + -grapher. (Wiktionary)