from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study of the visible universe that includes geography and astronomy.
- n. A general description or depiction of the world or universe: "a full-blown cosmography in which Earth is 'the garbage dump of the universe'” ( Mark Muro).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The creation of maps of the universe.
- n. The study of the size and geometry of the universe and changes in those with cosmic time.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A description of the world or of the universe; or the science which teaches the constitution of the whole system of worlds, or the figure, disposition, and relation of all its parts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The science which describes and maps the main features of the heavens and the earth, embracing astronomy, geography, and sometimes geology.
- n. The science of the general structure and relations of the universe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the science that maps the general features of the universe; describes both heaven and earth (but without encroaching on geography or astronomy)
- n. a representation of the earth or the heavens
cosmo- + -graphy (Wiktionary)