from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An account of the origin and genealogy of the gods.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The origination of gods or a narrative describing the origin of gods.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The generation or genealogy of the gods; that branch of heathen theology which deals with the origin and descent of the deities; also, a poem treating of such genealogies.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That branch of non-Christian theology which teaches the genealogy or origin of the deities; in a particular sense, one of a class of poems which treat of the generation and descent of the gods: as, the ancient Greek theogony of Hesiod.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the study of the origins and genealogy of the gods
Sorry, no etymologies found.