from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One, especially an entertainer, who is adept at ventriloquism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person, especially an entertainer, who practices ventriloquism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who practices, or is skilled in, ventriloquism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who practises or is skilled in ventriloquism; one who speaks in such a manner that his voice appears to come from some distant place or other quarter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a performer who projects the voice into a wooden dummy
ventriloquy + -ist (Wiktionary)