from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that saves a life.
- n. See lifeguard.
- n. One that provides help in a crisis or emergency.
- n. A life preserver shaped like a ring.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone or something that saves lives.
- n. Someone or something that is very useful or helpful.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a life preserver in the form of a ring of buoyant material
- n. an attendant employed at a beach or pool to protect swimmers from accidents
Sorry, no etymologies found.