from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who saves.
- n. one who keeps savings more than usual.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who saves.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who saves or rescues from evil, destruction, or death; a preserver; a savior.
- n. One who economizes, is frugal in expenses, or lays up or hoards.
- n. A contrivance for economizing, or preventing waste or loss: as, a coal-saver.
- n. A Middle English form of savor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who saves (especially money)
- n. someone who saves something from danger or violence
The money market saver is never going to be able to retire.
Another inexpensive transmission-saver is a temperature gauge so you can see when the transmission is headed for trouble.
While Wall Street executives continue to reap HUGE BONUSES, the American saver is getting the shaft on their investments and the Fed keeps interest rates low to benefit the big banks.
• "Bait pricing" – the practice of luring in new customers with misleading bonus headline interest rates which lapse leaving the long-term saver on uncompetitive rates of interest.
The flying-toaster screen saver is cool … but is it that cool?
Heathrow and Luton charge daily rates of £16.30 and £12.50 respectively, but both are cheaper if you book the 10 December slot this year: Heathrow would charge £66 while Luton offers a long-term saver rate of £54.99.
My screen saver is a scrolling message that says, in large letters:
Having been retrieved from the catacombs of his hard drive, the screen saver is at my site for all to download.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This has been one of the more painful moments that any investor, any long-term saver, has had to live through.
ARTHUR HOGAN, JEFFERIES & COMPANY: This has been one of the more painful months of any investor or any long-term saver has had to live through.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.