from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who salvages or assists in salvaging a ship or its cargo.
- n. A ship used in salvage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who salvages; especially, one who assists in saving a distressed ship or its goods at sea, without being under special obligation to do so.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who assists in saving a ship or goods at sea, without being under special obligation to do so.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who saves a ship or goods from wreck, fire, etc. See salvage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who salvages
salv(age) + -or1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)