from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who preserves.
- n. A life preserver
- n. A person who refinishes furniture.
- n. A person who prepares preserves of fruit or preserved meats.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, preserves, saves, or defends, from destruction, injury, or decay; esp., one who saves the life or character of another.
- n. One who makes preserves of fruit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person or thing that preserves; one who or that which saves or guards from injury, destruction, or waste; a savior; a preservative.
- n. One who makes preserves, as of fruit, etc.
- n. One who preserves game for sport.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cook who preserves fruits or meat
- n. a skilled worker who is employed to restore or refinish buildings or antique furniture
- n. someone who keeps safe from harm or danger
- n. rescue equipment consisting of a buoyant belt or jacket to keep a person from drowning
Sorry, no etymologies found.