from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who sustains.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, sustains.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which sustains.
- n. A sufferer.
- n. In entomology, same as sustentor.
- n. In candle-making, a little disk, usually of tin-plate or plaster of Paris, which serves to support in an upright position the wick of a night-light, and prevents its falling over when the light has nearly burned out.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who upholds or maintains
sustain + -er. (Wiktionary)