Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which sustains. A supporter, maintainer, or upholder.
- n. A sufferer.
- n. In entomology, same as sustentor.
- n. In candle-making, a little disk, usually of tin-plate or plaster of Paris, which serves to support in an upright position the wick of a night-light, and prevents its falling over when the light has nearly burned out.
- n. One who sustains.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who, or that which, sustains.
- n. someone who upholds or maintains
- sustain + -er. (Wiktionary)
“Woman as life-giver, nurturer, life-sustainer is obscene.”
“Aside from stints volunteering at the Oregon Food Bank, which he calls "one of the absolute best," Manuel also holds the position of a food bank sustainer, meaning that he automatically donates money to the bank each month from his bank account.”
“Manuel also holds the position of a food bank sustainer, meaning that he automatically donates money to the bank each month from his bank account.”
“And in the Vedas, Prithivim Dharmanaa Dhritam, signifies dharma as sustainer.”
“Similarly, SpaceX is doing wonders in a hurry, but it is technology from at least 40 years ago (think Atlas sustainer).”
“I'm saying that all the empirical evidence we have supports and reinforces the (already sound) metaphysical position that being only comes from being, that act is before potency, and that God is the source and sustainer of all that is.”
“Owned media, deployed so it is easily shared and commented on, is the sole reliable sustainer of earned media.”
“So, now, the CATHE Center needs only its sustainer.”
“Tonight, mine says “Nature is a giver, a true friend and a sustainer.””
“First, many of the Founders who framed the core American values in the Declaration of Independence were Deists -- people who affirmed God as the governor and providential sustainer of the universe, but who denied the deity of Jesus Christ.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sustainer’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Candles, candle-making; photometry, and a couple of oily fish used as light sources.
Looking for tweets for sustainer.