from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A narrow band for the hair.
- n. A brassiere.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A band for the hair.
- n. A band.
- n. A brassiere, especially when narrow or strapless; a top made from a narrow band of fabric.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A narrow band or fillet, as for the hair, part of a headdress, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fillet worn round the head; a head-band; especially, a ribbon worn by girls and women above the forehead.
- n. A horizontal band or ring forming a part of the headpiece of armor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an undergarment worn by women to support their breasts
French, from Old French bandel, diminutive of bande, band, strip; see band1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French bandeau, from Old French bandel, diminutive form of bande. (Wiktionary)