from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that chokes or suffocates another.
- n. Something that fits closely around the neck or throat, as:
- n. A tight-fitting necklace.
- n. A high, tight collar.
- n. A narrow neckpiece of fur.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A piece of jewelry or ornamental fabric, worn as a necklace, tight to the throat.
- n. One who, or that which, chokes or strangles.
- n. One who operates the choke of an engine during ignition.
- n. Any disappointing or upsetting circumstance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, chokes.
- n. A stiff wide cravat; a stock.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which chokes; that which induces a feeling of strangulation; something difficult to swallow.
- n. That which puts another to silence; that which cannot be answered.
- n. A neckcloth: as, “a white choker,”
- n. In milit. engin., a chain with wooden staves attached to the ends, employed to compress and measure the circumference of fascines.
- n. In lumbering, a noose of wire rope by which a log is dragged.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who kills by strangling
- n. a high tight collar
- n. an unfortunate person who is unable to perform effectively because of nervous tension or agitation
- n. necklace that fits tightly around a woman's neck
From choke + -er. (Wiktionary)