from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who keeps or upholds something.
- n. A person who does maintenance work.
- n. A device used to keep teeth in a given position.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who maintains.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who m aintains, supports, sustains, or upholds. In legal use, maintainor (which see).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who upholds or maintains
From Anglo-Norman maintenour, Old French mainteneor, from maintenir ("to maintain"); with later remodelling of the suffix after -er. (Wiktionary)