from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of paean.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A heraldic fur of yellow spots on a black field.
- n. Alternative spelling of paean.
- n. Alternative spelling of peen.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the furs, the ground being sable, and the spots or tufts or.
- n. A song of praise and triumph. See pæan.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See pæan.
- n. In heraldry, one of the furs, having the ground sable, powdered with ermine spots or.
- See peen.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a formal expression of praise
- n. (ancient Greece) a hymn of praise (especially one sung in ancient Greece to invoke or thank a deity)
Sorry, no etymologies found.