American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A dreamlike musing or fantasy while awake, especially of the fulfillment of wishes or hopes.
- v. To have dreamlike musings or fantasies while awake.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A reverie; a castle in the air; a visionary fancy, especially of wishes gratified or hopes fulfilled, indulged in when awake; an extravagant conceit of the fancy or imagination.
- n. A spontaneous and fanciful series of thoughts while awake not connected to immediate reality.
- v. To have such a series of thoughts; to woolgather.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A vain fancy speculation; a reverie; a castle in the air; unfounded hope.
- n. absentminded dreaming while awake
- v. have dreamlike musings or fantasies while awake
- v. have a daydream; indulge in a fantasy
“Here possible hear all about comfort in daydream: bedding”
“I think the subject of the daydream is his evening with this woman ( "the wind in the willows played tea for two"?).”
“It leaves you absolutely speechless, wondering if you really watched it or it was some kind of daydream that your sick mind came up with?”
“I like to daydream which is exactly why I look at pictures of the H&H Royal and Miss Cuthbert.”
“I know it's not a Browning/write poetry/people wait on you kind of daydream, but honestly, I'm over waiting--and being waited on!”
“He had long ago convinced himself that the whole escalator incident had been in his imagination, a kind of daydream, probably the result of the kind of videos he had been watching.”
“It was a strange kind of daydream, because whenever I thought of some Beverly Hills shopkeeper smiling at me I also thought that he was lying, that he really hated me.”
“The same kind of daydream may also be No. 1 among men.”
“The directors have decided that the best way to describe Craig's psychological malaise is through a series of "daydream" sequences, and each one is more painful than the last.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘daydream’.
( randomness, dreams, creativity )
words or phrases related to all things dreamy
What do you consider fun?
Fun, natural fun!
I can't find these on my calendar.
Words that make me feel cozy
Listening to this as an audio book for the second time. Tim O'Brien uses simple words and phrases to great effect. Very few unfamilar and big words . The writing style reminds me of words from Joh...
Words I like!
( personal list, favorite words, randomness )
Looking for tweets for daydream.