from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A dreamlike musing or fantasy while awake, especially of the fulfillment of wishes or hopes.
- intransitive v. To have dreamlike musings or fantasies while awake.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A spontaneous and fanciful series of thoughts while awake not connected to immediate reality.
- v. To have such a series of thoughts; to woolgather.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A vain fancy speculation; a reverie; a castle in the air; unfounded hope.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A reverie; a castle in the air; a visionary fancy, especially of wishes gratified or hopes fulfilled, indulged in when awake; an extravagant conceit of the fancy or imagination.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. absentminded dreaming while awake
- v. have dreamlike musings or fantasies while awake
- v. have a daydream; indulge in a fantasy
Sorry, no etymologies found.