American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To form an idea of; imagine or conceive: "Such characters represent a grotesquely blown-up aspect of an ideal man . . . if not realizable, capable of being ideated” ( Anthony Burgess).
- v. To conceive mental images; think.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- . To form in idea or thought; fancy.
- To apprehend mentally so as to retain and be able to recall; fix permanently in the mind.
- To form ideas; think.
- In metaphysics, produced by an idea, specifically by a Platonic idea; existing by virtue of its participation in an idea.
- n. In metaphysics, the correlative or object of an idea; the real or actual existence correlating with an idea.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. rare To form in idea; to fancy.
- v. rare To apprehend in thought so as to fix and hold in the mind; to memorize.
- v. form a mental image of something that is not present or that is not the case
- From idea + -ate (Wiktionary)
“If your PowerPoint deck contains the word "ideate," cut and do not paste.”
“But though "ideate" is tied to ancient philosophy, the word itself is a modern concoction, relatively speaking.”
“All you have to do is use the coupon code "ideate" and you'll get a”
“Understanding that kids are excellent innovators, Latitude Research in conjunction with ReadWriteWeb recently conducted a study asking children to ideate concepts for new computer and ...”
“Understanding that kids are excellent innovators, Latitude Research in conjunction with ReadWriteWeb recently conducted a study asking children to ideate concepts for new computer and Web technologies - and the results are in.”
“To tell the truth, there's probabably fifty entries above far better than I could ideate.”
“Consider offering some “structured down time” for people to ideate.”
“➢ Energizes you to uncover, ideate and surface new ideas, approaches, solutions”
“Listening to the same set of people ideate day in and day out will lead to staleness that can only be smelt by someone outside the building.”
“The morning session has been enlightening so far: Internet = Important, marketing should be integrated, “ideate” is apparently a verb.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘ideate’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Hecko, words! I’m so happy I’ve found you. I want to keep you all and never want to lose you again. I hope you like it here.
words learned from crossword puzzles
great words that i would like to remember
pertinent to textâ€¦
words that sound beautiful
Looking for tweets for ideate.