from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To be lazy; loaf: laze around the house.
- transitive v. To spend (time) loafing: lazed the afternoon away in a hammock.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Laziness.
- n. An instance of lazing.
- v. To be lazy, waste time.
- n. Acidic steam created when super-hot lava contacts salt water.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To be lazy or idle.
- transitive v. To waste in sloth; to spend, as time, in idleness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To act, move, or rest idly or lazily; be lazy.
- To waste in sloth; spend in idleness: generally with away: as, to laze away one's life: sometimes used reflexively.
- n. Laziness; inaction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. be idle; exist in a changeless situation
I was sort of derelict today, I decided I'd sleep in and kind of laze around.
Italy, who was evidently something of a match-maker, had gotten fooled on a young man who was both "laze" and "steenge" in his youth but who made a very good husband.
She wanted only, as she expressed it to her hostess, to "laze" for a while.
What I really wanted to do was to laze around in that bathing suit and watch animals.
All I want is a day to be totally alone in my house (or, frankly, anywhere) to laze about and do whatever I please.
However with time, Eid has become just another day we could just laze around at home and watch tv or facebook all day
But then again, all he did was eat and laze about.
Not only a break, but a full-stop, do nothing, laze around, eat/sleep/read sort of day.
Use TVersity, works a treat. laze just_laze witnessx
And "the rich" already pay vastly more than their "fair share," especially when you consider that 40% of the population pay nothing at all and just laze back, California style, voting themselves ever more government freebies at someone else's expense. carol
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.