from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being idle; inactivity.
- n. The state of being indolent; indolence
- n. Groundlessness; worthlessness; triviality.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The condition or quality of being idle (in the various senses of that word); uselessness; fruitlessness; triviality; inactivity; laziness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The condition of being idle, in any sense of that word; inactivity; slothfulness; uselessness; unprofitableness; worthlessness; foolishness.
- n. Synonyms See idle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of lacking substance or value
- n. the trait of being idle out of a reluctance to work
- n. having no employment
idle + -ness (Wiktionary)