from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being slack; the quality of having slack.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being slack.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character or state of being slack, in any sense.
- n. A tendency of a vessel under sail to fall off or away from the direction of the wind when the helm is amidships: opposed to ardency.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being loose (not taut)
- n. weakness characterized by a lack of vitality or energy
- n. the quality of being lax and neglectful
slack + -ness (Wiktionary)