from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being effeminate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the quality of being effeminate
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Characteristic quality of a woman, such as softness, luxuriousness, delicacy, or weakness, which is unbecoming a man; womanish delicacy or softness; -- used reproachfully of men.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being effeminate; feminine delicacy or weakness; want of manliness; womanishness: commonly applied, in reproach, to men exhibiting such a character.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the trait of being effeminate (derogatory of a man)
Sorry, no etymologies found.