from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being feminine.
- n. A characteristic or trait traditionally held to be female.
- n. Women considered as a group.
- n. Effeminacy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The sum of all attributes that convey (or are perceived to convey) womanhood.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or nature of the female sex; womanliness.
- n. The female form.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character or state of being feminine; female nature; womanliness.
- n. Womanhood; women collectively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the trait of behaving in ways considered typical for women
From Latin femina ("woman" or "female", literally, "she who suckles"). Related to Latin fellare ("to suck, suckle"). (Wiktionary)