American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being feminine.
- n. A characteristic or trait traditionally held to be female.
- n. Women considered as a group.
- n. Effeminacy.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character or state of being feminine; female nature; womanliness.
- n. Womanhood; women collectively.
- n. The sum of all attributes that convey (or are perceived to convey) womanhood.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality or nature of the female sex; womanliness.
- n. obsolete The female form.
- n. the trait of behaving in ways considered typical for women
- From Latin femina ("woman" or "female", literally, "she who suckles"). Related to Latin fellare ("to suck, suckle"). (Wiktionary)
“This season's touchstone of understated femininity is soon to be passed over in favour of sexed-up, vibrant skirts and dresses, as seen at Roland Mouret, or in favour of a new androgyny championed on the catwalk by Dries Van Noten and Balenciaga.”
“Women who choose to remain childless are free to compete as men do but their femininity is suspect and it, rightly, pisses them off.”
“Sadly, where I live and work in science in the real world, femininity is indeed looked down on as a marker that a woman could not possibly be serious about science.”
“Anna is extremely feminine and her femininity translates into her fashions.”
“Reading this passage was the first time I found anyone put into words what I felt … which was that femininity is not at odds with intelligence and competence, that the two are perfectly able to complement each other.”
“Masculinity, just like femininity, is a performative act.”
“Thoughts on aging and femininity from a veteran cultural observer.”
“This is not to suggest that the new clothes themselves caused changes in femininity, although it is arguable that the clothes helped women experience their bodies in new ways.”
““A short animation clip that deals with the minimizing of the abstract and subjective term femininity into statistics.””
“Young girls grow up yearning for grandmothers that are the ultimate in femininity and grace, and these little girls look up to bare, wrinkled knees, dimpled skin, and thighs laced with blue veins.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘femininity’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words only (I left out the expressions) from Geza Kerenyi's EN-HU interpreters' dictionary. Most of them pose some difficulty when interpreted between HU and EN in either or both directions.
need to know these words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looking for tweets for femininity.