from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being masculine.
- n. Something traditionally considered to be characteristic of a male.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The degree or property of being masculine or manly; manliness
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being masculine; masculineness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being masculine; masculine character or traits.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the trait of behaving in ways considered typical for men
- n. the properties characteristic of the male sex
From masculine + noun of state suffix -ity. From Latin noun masculinitas, from adjective masculinus, masculine, diminutive of masculus, + noun of state suffix -tas (Wiktionary)