from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An erotic quality or theme.
- n. Sexual excitement.
- n. Abnormally persistent sexual excitement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of being erotic, or of being sexually aroused
- n. sexual excitement, especially if abnormally persistent
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Erotic quality.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being erotic; undue prominence of sexuality or the sexual emotions; in pathology, excessive sexual desires.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the arousal of feelings of sexual desire
- n. a state of anticipation of sexuality
erotic + -ism (Wiktionary)