- adj. of a person Having changed gender identity from male to female, or from female to male. (Compare transsexual.)
- adj. broadly, of a person Not identifying with culturally conventional gender roles and categories of male or female; having changed gender identity from male to female or female to male, or identifying with elements of both, or having some other gender identity. (Compare transsexual, transvestite and genderqueer.)
- n. Transgenderism.
- n. A transgender person.
- v. To change the gender of; (used loosely) to change the sex of.
- adj. involving a partial or full reversal of gender
- From trans- + gender. (Wiktionary)
“She also notes that even the term transgender contains meanings which are "still under construction," suggesting an intellectual movement of savvy terminology which continues to evolve.”
“PINSKY: Does the term transgender trouble you in some way or?”
“Now 70, Richards rejects the term transgender along with all the fluidity it conveys.”
“More recently, the term transgender can also mean someone who considers that they fall "between" genders, not identifying strictly to one gender or the other, identifying themselves as neither fully male, nor female.”
“As a young boy she had not yet learned the term transgender, which describes a person whose emotional identity does not conform to his or her birth gender.”
“But Clinton did not use the term transgender in his version.”
“Never mind that the word "transgender" never appears in the article, nor does it discuss the issue of "acceptance.”
“BRENDA WADE, CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST: Jane, before we even get to those changes, there ` s a lot of emotional upset for somebody who has what we call transgender dysphoria (ph), which is a lot of the emotional disturbance or even depression.”
“These attacks result in transgender citizens being forced out of their neighborhoods.”
“Ms. ALI: We enforce over discrimination against students based on race, color and national origin under Title XI of the Civil Rights Act, based on sex under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act, and based on disability under section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. That said, much of the bullying and harassment directed toward students that are gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender is in fact not because of their sexual orientation.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘transgender’.
Words only (I left out the expressions) from Geza Kerenyi's EN-HU interpreters' dictionary. Most of them pose some difficulty when interpreted between HU and EN in either or both directions.
Words relating to gender and non-conforming gender.
A collection of words about doing the nasty.
Interesting words that came to me in spam emails in the "From" field. Read in pairs by order added, add the initial of your choice, and you'll get a list of "names."
As many queer related words as I can come up with ^_^
Looking for tweets for transgender.