from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that sells or vends: a street vendor; a vendor of software products on the Web.
- n. A vending machine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person or a company that vends or sells.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A vender; a seller; the correlative of vendee.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as vender, but more common in legal use.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who promotes or exchanges goods or services for money
From Old French vendeor, from Latin venditor ("seller"), from vendere ("to sell, cry up for sale, praise"), contraction of venundare, venumdare, also, as originally, two words venum dare ("to sell"), from venum ("sale, price") + dare ("to give"). (Wiktionary)