from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British One who sells fruit, vegetables, fish, or other goods from a cart, barrow, or stand in the streets.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a trader who sells fruit and vegetables from a barrow in the street
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An apple seller; a hawker of, or dealer in, any kind of fruit or vegetables; a fruiterer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A hawker of fruits and vegetables. Also coster, and formerly costardmonger.
- Mercenary; sordid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a hawker of fruit and vegetables from a barrow
Obsolete costard-monger : costard + monger.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
from costard + monger (Wiktionary)